Or you can customize how cookies are used here : Manage your cookies
Please note: Rates advertised on the listing can vary based on the season and are subject to change without prior notice based on the length of stay and number of people. Please contact with your Rental Specialist today about your travel dates.
Ask more Information
This top and stunning chalet has its name taken from history most specifically from the first Alpinist to reach the summit of the Matterhorn, Edward Whymper.
In the building, this chalet is located on the third floor with a space of 315m2. What makes its location perfect is its place in Zermatt just near the ice skating rinks. Also, if you want other escapades, the main shopping centre and the Gornergrat mountain railway are just minutes away from the apartment. Apart from these spots, it also gives you the perfect view of Matterhorn and can accommodate up to 14 people, adults, and children.
In addition to its accessibility to spectacular views is a short tunnel going to the Schweizerhof hotel's indoor swimming pool and extensive spa facilities.
When talking about its complete and convenient amenities, this Whymper Residence is composed of the following:
• stylish entrance and lift access to all floors
• four double bedrooms and five separate bathrooms
• main and generous living area with three zones: the sitting room with its fireplace, a dining area with an adjoining open plan kitchen, and a study / TV room which can be closed off and made into an extra bedroom
• spacious balconies
• master bedroom with a double bed, bay windows, a walk-in wardrobe with a desk, and an en-suite bathroom with bath-tub, WC, and two sinks
• twin bedrooms with big balconies
• another bathroom with a bath-tub, two sinks, and WC
• utility room with a shower, and also a washing machine and dryer
• the fourth bedroom, also with twin beds with spacious en-suite bathroom with a shower, two sinks, and WC
• guest bathroom with shower / WC in the passage leading to the study / TV room
• open-plan designer kitchen
• Swimming pool and wellness (available from mid-December to mid-April, and mid-June to mid-September)
Children under 12 welcome
Children above 12 welcome
Tennis court nearby
Elevator in building
Linens and towels
Iron and Ironing board
Situated in Zermatt, just 1 km from Zermatt - Furi Ski Lift, Apartment Whymper features accommodation with free WiFi. This apartment is 1 km from Matterhorn glacier paradise. Matterhorn is 9 km from the apartment. The nearest airport is Lugano Airport, 89 km from Whymper.
The home is carefully cleaned before and after your stay.
From the undiscovered coastlines of northern France to the well-trodden pavements of London and the dizzying heights of Singapore’s rooftop bars, these are our predictions for the top travel destinations of 2020. Passport at the ready. You’re going to want to visit them all. [...]